His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al- Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha binti Al-Marhum Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohamed Alam yesterday afternoon graced the 73 Times Khatam Al- Quran Ceremony by Mukim and Kampung Consultative Council Members as well as Schools and Higher Education Institution Students Nationwide in conjunction with His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di- Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam's 73rd Birthday celebration. The ceremony took place yesterday afternoon at Istana Nurul Iman.
Upon arrival, Their Royal Highness were greeted by:
- Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Lela Cheteria Sahibun Najabah Pengiran Anak Haji Abdul Aziz bin Pengiran Jaya Negara Pengiran Haji Abu Bakar, Yang Di- Pertua Adat Istiadat Negara;
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia Doctor Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong, Minster of Home Affairs;
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Udana Khatib Dato Paduka Seri Setia Ustaz Haji Awang Badaruddin bin Pengarah Dato Paduka Haji Awang Othman, Minister of Religious Affairs;
- Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Hamzah bin Haji Sulaiman; Minister of Education;
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Datu Seri Maharaja Dato Paduka Seri Setia Doctor Ustaz Haji Awang Abdul Aziz bin Juned, State Mufti;
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Shahbandar Dato Seri Setia Haji Awang Mohd Nawawi bin Pehin Orang Kaya Shahbandar Haji Awang Mohd Taha, Private and Confidential Secretary to His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di- Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam; and
- Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana, Pengiran Haji Alauddin bin Pengiran Paduka Tuan Pengiran Haji Abu Bakar, Grand Chamberlain as Co-Advisors of the 73 Times Khatam Al-Quran Ceremony by Mukim and Kampung Consultative Council Members, Schools as well as Higher Education Institution Students Nationwide.
Also present were:
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office and Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Malik;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Wakeel;
- Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Bini Hajah Faizah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Majeedah Nuurul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah; and
- Her Royal Highness Princess Ameerah Wardatul Bolkiah.
Also in attendance were Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna and Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam as well as other members of the Royal Family.
The ceremony commenced with the mass reading of Surah Al- Fatihah led by the State Mufti.
The mass reading of Khatam Al- Quran by the participants was led by Awang Zainal Mustapa bin Jaluddin, a student from the Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Tahfiz Al-Quran Institute.
One thousand seven hundred and eight people comprising Mukim and Kampung Consultative Council members from all districts took part in the 73 times Khatam Al-Quran ceremony. From the figure, 123 men, 123 women, 140 male youth and 140 female youth represented each district.
The Khatam Al- Quran ceremony also involved 582 boys and girls aged 12 years and below. They represented religious and Arabic schools, Al- Falah School and Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah School, the Under 10 Khatam Al- Quran Scheme and the Youth Tilawah Al-Quran Scheme. 600 students under the Ministry of Education and higher education institutions also participated in the ceremony.
Held since 2011, this annual event aims to express the citizens and resident's gratitude towards Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala for blessings the country with continuous peace and prosperity under the wise leadership of His Majesty.
At the ceremony, female officers and teachers from the Islamic Studies Department recited the Takhtim.
Meanwhile, the tahlil was read by Mosque Affairs Department officers and religious teachers from the Islamic Studies Department.
The Doa Khatam was recited by a Khatam Al-Quran participant, Awang Zainal Mustapa bin Jaluddin.
The Dikir Marhaban was presented by Mosque officers from the Mosque Affairs Department and female officers as well as teachers from the Islamic Studies Department.
The Doa Selamat was read by the State Mufti.
His Majesty then received Junjung Ziarah from the male participants while Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri received Junjung Ziarah from the female participants. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince and Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah also received Junjung Ziarah from the Khatam Al-Quran participants.
The 73 times Khatam Al-Quran ceremony clearly portrays the people's closeness to Al-Quran, and the close and warm relations between the Monarch and the people. Citizens from all districts joined their hands and supplicate so that Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala bestow Their Majesties with longevity, good health and to continue to rule the country with the guidance and blessings of Allah.
Source: Radio Television Brunei