The Grand Parade was followed by the Audience and Investiture Ceremony held at the Balai Singgahsana Indera Buana, Istana Nurul Iman. His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha binti Al-Marhum Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohamed Alam attended the ceremony. At the ceremony, His Majesty conferred Brunei Darussalam State Decorations to 35 recipients in conjunction with His Majesty's 71st Birthday anniversary.
The tradition-filled ceremony further enlivened the joyous atmosphere of His Majesty's 71st birthday celebration. The Audience and Investiture Ceremony is a physical expression of the monarch's appreciation to each recipient for their contribution and loyal deeds in various fields that are directed towards the nation's development and progress.
Also in attendance were His Majesty's children as well as brothers and sisters;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah binti Pengiran Haji Salleh Ab-Rahaman;
-His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Bini Hajah Faizah;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Jefri Bolkiah and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Norhayati;
-His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul 'Azim;
His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Malik and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Raabi'atul 'Adawiyyah;
His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Mateen;
His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Wakeel;
Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah;
Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Muta-Wakkilah Hayatul Bolkiah;
Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Majeedah Nuurul Bolkiah;
Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah;
Her Royal Highness Princess 'Azemah Ni'matul Bolkiah;
Her Royal Highness Princess Fadzilah Lubabul Bolkiah;
And Her Royal Highness Princess Ameerah Wardatul Bolkiah.
Also in attendance were Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna; Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Nor'ain; Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam; as well as other members of the Royal Family.
Also present were His Majesty's special guests. Among them were, His Excellency Tun Dato Laila Utama Pehin Sri Doctor Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud, the Yang Di-Pertua of Negeri Sarawak and wife; Yang Amat Berhormat Dato Seri Paduka Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Musa bin Haji Aman, Chief Minister of Sabah and wife; Yang Amat Berhormat Datuk Amar Abang Haji Abdul Rahman Zohari bin Tun Datuk Abang Haji Openg, Chief Minister of Sarawak and wife; His Excellency Masagos Zulkifli bin Masagos Mohamad, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources of Singapore and wife; The Honourable Secretary Carlos Garcia, Domingues the Third, the Secretary of Finance of the Republic of the Philippines and wife; His Excellency General Anantaporn Kanjanarat, Minister of Energy of Thailand and wife; and Yang Berhormat Datuk Amar Haji Awang Tengah bin Ali Hasan, Deputy Chief Minister, Second Minister of Urban Development and Natural resources and Minister of Industrial and Entrepreneur Development, Sarawak and wife.
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in his titah among other matters underscored a number of the country's achievements in economy, entrepreneurship and education. In economic growth, the monarch expressed happiness to witness various efforts that have and are currently being carried out towards this. His Majesty clarified that two main approaches are currently being focused on to ensure that growth is truly occurring.
On local youths, His Majesty in his titah said, the country should be proud with the increase of youths who have bravely come forward to venture into business and entrepreneurship. They, His Majesty added, are not only venturing into business but are able to offer products through various current facilities or platforms as well as making use of the stalls facilities provided by the government. On youth skills, the monarch has consented for the establishment of the Capacity Building Centre, PPK, which will offer training to locals to enable them to gain various placements in the private sector including foreign direct investment companies.
His Majesty in his titah also touched on the Gross Domestic Product, GDP, which the monarch said is still slow. By exploring the export market, His Majesty stressed, it can contribute to the GDP growth by improving the government fiscal position.
In his titah on the field of education, His Majesty highlighted another proud progress and achievement in higher education. His Majesty said that Universiti Brunei Darussalam, UBD, has maintained its position in the Asia University ranking. However, the monarch also emphasised on the balance of spiritual and worldly education.
On international practices, His Majesty in his titah said, Brunei Darussalam will continue to nurture and enhance cooperation with friendly nations, either through diplomatic relations or the country's membership in regional and international organisations.
At the ceremony, His Majesty conferred Brunei Darussalam State Decorations to 35 recipients. His Majesty first conferred the Darjah Paduka Keberanian Laila Terbilang Yang Amat Gemilang First Class, DPKT, which carries the title Dato Paduka Seri to 2 recipients. They are Yang Berbahagia General Tan Sri Raja Mohamed Affandi bin Raja Mohamed Noor, Chief of the Malaysian Armed Forces and Yang Terhormat General Polisi Doctor Andas Haji Mohamad Tito Karnavian, the Chief of Police National of the Republic of Indonesia.
The Most Honourable Order of Seri Paduka Mahkota Brunei, SPMB, which carries the title Dato Seri Paduka were conferred to 8 recipients. They are:
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Hamdan bin Haji Abu Bakar, Deputy Minister (Security and Media) at the Prime Minister's Office;
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Mohd Roselan bin Haji Mohd Daud, Deputy Minister (Corporate, Penggerak and Economy) at the Prime Minister's Office;
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Hisham bin Haji Mohammad Hanifah, Deputy Minister of Finance (Fiscal),
- Dato Paduka Doktor Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew bin Abdullah, Deputy Minister of Finance (Investment),
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Erywan bin Pehin Datu Pekerma Jaya Haji Mohd Yusof, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade,
- Pengiran Dato Paduka Haji Bahrom bin Pengiran Haji Bahar, Deputy Minister of Education,
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Abdul Mokti bin Haji Mohd Daud, Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs,
and Dato Paduka Awang Haji Suhaimi bin Haji Ghafar, Deputy Minister of Development.
Two recipients were conferred The Most Eminent Order of Islam Brunei, DSSUB which carries the title Dato Seri Setia. The recipients are Yang Arif Pengiran Haji Mohd Tashim bin Pengiran Haji Hassan, Syariah High Court Judge and Doctor Awang Haji Mazanan bin Haji Yusof, Chief Religious Research Officer at the State Mufti Department.
13 recipients were conferred with The Most Honourable Order of Seri Paduka Mahkota Brunei Second Class, DPMB that carries the title Dato Paduka. They are:
- His Excellency Awang Haji Haini bin Haji Hashim;
- Awang Haji Hamzah bin Haji Sulaiman;
- Retired Captain Awang Abdul Rahman bin Begawan Mudim Dato Paduka Haji Bakar;
- Awang Ahmaddin bin Haji Abd Rahman;
- Awang Haji Rosli bin Pehin Orang Kaya Shahbandar Dato Seri Paduka Haji Mohd Salleh;
- Awang Mohamad Irwan bin Haji Hambali;
- Doctor Awang Haji Junaidi bin Haji Abdul Rahman;
- Awang Haji Hussaini Ahmad bin Haji Hussin;
- Her Excellency Dayang Hajah Rakiah binti Haji Abdul Hamid alias Lamit;
- Doctor Dayang Hajah Romaizah binti Haji Mohd Salleh;
- Doctor Dayang Hajah Maslina binti Haji Mohsin;
- Dayang Hajah Hindun binti Dato Paduka Haji Noordin;
- And Dayang Hajah Fara binti Dato Haji Nasir.
3 people were conferred the Most Eminent Order of Islam Brunei, SSUB. They are:
- Haji Rosle bin Haji Jumat alias Jumaat;
- Awang Haji Mas Raduan bin Haji Jumat;
- Dayang Hajah Siti Noor Dzuhairah binti Haji Awang Damit.
Meanwhile, 7 people were conferred the Most Blessed Order of Setia Negara Brunei, SNB. They are:
- Shaikh Haji Fadilah bin Shaikh Haji Ahmad.
- Dr. Awang Haji Abdul Manaf bin Haji Metussin;
- Awang Haji Mohd Yusree bin Haji Junaidi;
- Associate Professor Ampuan Dr Haji Ibrahim bin Ampuan Haji Tengah;
- Mr. Nigel Badminton;
- Professor Doctor Dayang Hajah Zohrah binti Hj Sulaiman;
- Dayang Hajah Noor Qamar binti Haji Sulaiman.
Doa Selamat was read by Yang Berhormat Pehin Datu Seri Maharaja Dato Paduka Seri Setia Doktor Ustaz Haji Awang Abdul Aziz bin Juned, the State Mufti.
His Majesty in his titah in conjunction with the monarch's 71st birthday celebration expressed his gratefulness to Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala that the country is able to celebrate his birthday in peace and prosperity. According to His Majesty there is no valuable blessing which has been and is being enjoyed by the country other than the blessing of peace, unity and prosperity. Hence, the monarch called upon all parties in the country to be resolved while seeking blessings from Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala so that what have been bestowed will be everlasting and strengthened.
Source: Radio Television Brunei