In the afternoon, 17 thousand 241 people from all walks of life visited Istana Nurul Iman for the audience and Junjung Ziarah with His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri and members of the Royal Family.
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam received in audience and Junjung Ziarah from the male well-wishers. The ceremony was also attended by His Majesty's sons and brothers;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Malik;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Mateen;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Wakeel;
- His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Jefri Bolkiah as well as other members of the Royal Family.
The well-wishers in the afternoon included uniformed personnel such as the Royal Brunei Armed Forces and the Royal Brunei Police Force as well as tourists. The audience and Junjung Ziarah is a manifestation of the uniqueness and the strong bond between the monarch and his subjects, a close relationship which has become a cornerstone in bringing stability, harmony and peace to the country, and a symbol of solidarity and prosperity.
Meanwhile at another part of Istana Nurul Iman, Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha received in audience and Junjung Ziarah from the female well-wishers. Also in attendance were Her Majesty's daughters and sisters;
- Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah;
- Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah;
- Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Norhayati;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Majeedah Nuurul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Puteri Ameerah Wardatul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna;
- And, Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam as well as other members of the royal family.
For the visitors, the Junjung Ziarah is an opportunity to interact in a close and cordial manner with His Majesty and Her Majesty as well as the Royal Household. It was a great gift for the country's rakyat and residents whose great blessings from Allah the Almighty is a loving, caring and concerned Monarch who gives top priority to the people's interests, well-being and prosperity.
Altogether, 37,434 well-wishers visited Istana Nurul Iman on the second day it was opened to the public today. 9th June will be the third and final day for the public to visit the Istana for the audience and Junjung Ziarah in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidil Fitri this year. Istana Nurul Iman will be opened from 10 in the morning until 12 noon and again from 2 to 4 in the afternoon.
Source: Radio Television Brunei