60 cases of fire were caused by overloading or from electrical appliances. This was based on the Department of Electrical Services, DES' statistics from January 2021 until April 2022. This was shared at a media conference with the Fire and Rescue Department; Autoriti Elektrik Negara Brunei Darussalam, AENBD and DES on Electrical Fire Safety For The Upcoming Hari Raya. The media conference was held at the Fire and Rescue Department in Berakas.
Awang Muhammad Amir Sharifuddin bin Haji Ali, Acting Director of DES advised the public to use energy efficient electrical appliances that can save cost of electric consumption.
Meanwhile, Assistant Superintendent of Fire Rescue Pengiran Mohd Ali Rahman bin Pengiran Haji Salleh, Head of Public Relations at the Fire and Rescue Department advised the public to make early preventive measures as fire safety practices.
Whereas Awang Ahmad Ridza bin Dato Seri Setia Haji Abdul Rahman, Head of AENBD stressed on the importance of safety in the use of electricity.
Source: Radio Television Brunei