Awareness on Correct Guidelines for House Extension

The issue of house extension at the National Housing Scheme areas, the Ministry of Development urged the public to take initial measures such as obtaining half price from registered QP or 'Qualified Person', and more importantly, be aware when selecting a contractor. The Minister of Development made the call in response to a query raised by Yang Berhormat Pengiran Haji Mohamed bin Pengiran Haji Osman@Othman on the issue of the people's awareness on the correct process or guidelines for house extension.

According to Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Paduka Awang Haji Suhaimi bin Haji Gafar, house extensions at national housing scheme areas are not prohibited, but house owners are required to obtain written permission from the Authority for Building Control and Construction Industry, ABCi, by appointing a QP registered under the Ministry of Development. By appointing a QP, extensions will be carried out based on stipulated guidelines in line with the land regulations. At the moment, any illegal house renovations will be given a verbal warning, followed by a written warning before the authorities take any action. So far, Warning letters have been issued, and the next action will be to persecute those involved in illegal house renovations. According to ABCi, 5 cases have been reported to the authorities.

Source: Radio Television Brunei

Related posts