A & O July sales (units)
* Please note July 2014 sales numbers are rounded to the last digit. Additionally, Nissan’s Asia and Oceania region does not include Japan, mainland China and India.
HONG KONG, Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Nissan announced today total Asia and Oceania sales for July of 21,580 units, a 12 percent decline from a year earlier.
- Nissan Thailand July market share rose 0.4 percent versus prior year despite slowing market demand. The exterior styling and interior design of the all-new NP300 Navara, launched on July 3, has been well received by the public and is expected to boost sales in the upcoming months.
- Oceania saw a rebound in sales:
- Australia grew market share by 0.6 percent market and garnered positive feedback from the newly launched Qashqai with 600 units.
- New Zealand had the best monthly sales record for July in more than 10 years, surging 17.2 percent to 700 units. Navara, the all-new X-Trail and all-new Qashqai contributed to the growth.
- Other markets across Asia continued their sales momentum:
- Infiniti Q50 boosted sales in Korea, driving total sales to a 48 percent increase compared to last year.
- Singapore recorded sales growth of 166% over last July, benefitting from the Early Turnover Scheme on Urvan, Cabstar and NV200.
To see the full version of this release, click here: http://photos.prnasia.com/prnk/20140826/8521404776
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 244,500 employees globally, Nissan sold almost 5.2 million vehicles and generated revenue of 10.5 trillion yen (USD 105 billion) in fiscal 2013. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In 2010, Nissan introduced the Nissan LEAF, and continues to lead in zero-emission mobility. The LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle launched globally, is now the best-selling EV in history with almost 50 percent share of the zero-emission vehicle segment.
Nissan Global Co., Ltd.
Communications – China, Asia and Oceania
34/F, Citibank Tower, No. 3 Garden Road, Hong Kong